Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Beginnings

I'm not going to get all teary eyed & sucky, but here's the chance to end it all with a smile & do it better next year. And I'm not talking Resolution, neither! No point in writing down all the things you know you should be doing but won't because it's too much trouble to actually DO all the things you know you should do or you'd have DONE them by now. I'm a Realist in a Dreamer's world. Resolutions are a waste of time & paper. I like one Blogger's idea of picking a WORD for the year. Nice Idea. Won't work for me. I have to be practical. So, I'm drinking a toast to all the mistakes I made in 2011 & kissing them goodbye like an old boyfriend with a wandering eye. I'm looking forward to some new opportunities in 2012. Nothing is written down, there's nothing to plan, no mistakes to worry about. It's all brand new. Like the shiny kitchen in a fancy new condo.

I'm hoping to complete some things I ignored in 2011 though.

-That Big Blue Afghan. It must be finished this coming year - I had no idea that it was started in 2005!! Yikes. It will go into the donation bin. And while I'm at it, I guess I should crochet those squares together too - they've also been around for years.
- The Purple Kyler's Kardigan. I need that damned sweater now.
- I must pull the BT's crappy old couch out from the corner under the window where it's been piled high with yarn & flotsam of all kinds & get it where I can use it. I'm stuck with it for a while yet so I'm gonna replace the worn seat cushions with a big slab of foam & put the red frog cover on it. So I can sleep on it. Or sit or lay on it. I might even buy one of those Couch Skins & make it look good!! If I had any brains at all, I'd push it outside in the spring & enjoy it out there all summer!!! hmmmmm . . . Now there's a thought
And that's it. Short, sweet & simple. Finish a few jobs.

4 comments:

Linda Wirth said...

Love your blog! Since I've been reading it you have mentioned BT several times but can't put an identification to those initials? What does BT stand for? Inquiring minds want to know!

PS: Still trying to master the queen's heel. I know it will be wonderful some day but right now I just keep ripping out and re-reading your instructions. That's my one (and only)resolution for the year.

Sharon in Surrey said...

Linda - the BT (short for BoyToy) is the guy I hung out with for 10 years after I left my husband. He was very smart & amusing but had no ambition & cost me a fortune before I gave him the boot three years ago. To be fair, he did have some bad luck but he just lacked survival skills.

I told you I kicked that book across the room a time or two before I mastered the heel. Just get as far as you can & email me for help.

Louisa said...

Hah! You do have a Word for this new year, Sharon. It's Completion! Neener-neener.

Happy New Year!

Sharon in Surrey said...

Blechhhhhhh!!!!!