Saturday, October 19, 2019

Home in the Hovel

I acquired two pairs of almost new walking shoes, size 13, today for my 'donation' bag. The Roomie complained about his boots hurting so I got on the internet & ordered a pair of boots & a walking shoe from Rockport Canada in the elusive size 14. Since I bought all his shoes w-a-a-a-y back - yeah, back in the days when I had to go store to store looking for them - I knew what styles would fit the big canal barges he calls feet. Rockport was wonderful. I ordered them on Thursday, just before Turkey weekend & they arrived the following Wednesday!!
And they fit so well he can't wait to meet his buddies for coffee in the morning to show them off. He tossed the old beaters himself & gave me all the others that he had stored away in the closet. Woohoo - closet space!! Now for the tee shirts!!

Since I don't have a closet, I decided to do a little tossing myself. I bagged at least half a closet of things both too big & too small - I tend to fluctuate in size - since what I really need is less fussy sweats, leggings & tee shirts these days. Not everything looks sexy with an airhose & tank! Now, if I could only get all his tools out of the back of the kitchen & into the garage .  .  .  .

Trick or Treats - it's just about THAT time again & we have kids on the street again. I was in London Drugs today getting my flu shot & found LARA Bars on sale for $3 a box of 5. I checked out all the options for 'cereal' bars, 'energy' bars etc & found LARA bars with no added sugar, salt or chemicals. They do have nuts - mostly cashews or almonds but a couple have peanut butter so I avoided them. I like them. They have dates, nuts, sometimes fruit or peanut butter but nothing else. I'd say they're a very good option.

Knitting - got a really short hair cut &  now I'm cold!! Found some odd balls of Briggs & Little Heritage in the basket in several shades of Blue. Cast on 100 stitches & have ribbed my way about halfway to a touque. Can't wait to wear it!
Scrappy sock almost has a toe & will probably end up on my foot when it's done. Should look mighty nice in my new white Sketchers with the little fake diamonds on them.

No comments: