Wednesday, January 13, 2021

More Yarn . . .



 Most people make Resolutions
on the first day of the New Year - Me?, not so much. I hear this is the month that gym memberships & equipment sell the most - they used to before Covid that is. A lot of people start new diets or sign up for diet programs. I can't see the point myself .  .  .  .  in two months you stop doing it all, why waste the money?  So I don't make resolutions & I don't start a new diet but I DO take advantage of yarn sales.

Yeah, I know. More yarn. But - I want some large dish cloths to wipe up messes in the kitchen. I could use the dish sponge or paper towels .  .  .  .  but what I really want is a nice thick thirsty knit cotton cloth for clean ups. The very same thick cotton cloths I want in the shower! I love them. They don't scratch like net balls or loofahs when you wash behind your ears. So I bought crafter cotton in a sunny Mango for the kitchen & a Denim splotch for the bath. I wanted a bright variegated Yellow for the kitchen but it was so back ordered I wouldn't get it for months, so Mango it is. I use the corner to corner diagonal garter stitch pattern I found on the ball label years ago to make mine but I make them 12" x 12". They can pick up a Really Big mess! 

I like to knit when I'm waiting. I know I have eye surgery coming up sometime this year so I'll be waiting. I have another cardiogram coming up - more waiting. And there's another Breathing test in May. Lots of knitting time. Might as well knit something simple & useful. I used to keep a sock-in-progress in the car but I don't seem to spend a lot of time waiting in the car anymore since Marlow's gone. And I need bright light to SEE the stitches right now so I brought my sock bag into the tv room where it sits. Time to knit something on larger needles until I get my lenses replaced. 



3 comments:

Jennyff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennyff said...

Good to start the year with plenty of yarn, even better if it’s a bargain

AuntValley said...

More yarn is good yarn.

Auntvalley