Saturday, February 16, 2008

I hear It's over


Another Day, another Dollar! The noise level at the grocery store has decreased so I guess Valentine's Day is over for another year. There was so much moaning going on the other day, it was almost palpable! I think the guilt about Valentine's is almost as high as it is at Christmas for everyone in a 'relationship'. And I just don't understand it at all. The only significant thing about Valentine's Day to me is that it's one day before the Employee Remittances have to be paid. Oh well, I guess it's safe to say I'm not a 'romantic'.

The right hip triangle on my 'Ginny' is almost finished. Yes, Virginia, I WAS working on it again last night. I have to confess that I stopped to knit yet another stretchy scarf from Dollar Store fur yarn in pink & white this time but, it was for a good cause. The BT's mom asked me to knit her granddaughter another scarf - cheeky woman, she'd already bought the yarn!!! As usual, I forgot to take a photo of the darned thing . . . . . but, it was a froth of strawberries & cream!!
And then I went back to 'Ginny'. Not looking forward to the trim finish but, maybe I'll have it on my back in a week or two . . . .

Gail emailed me this morning to congratulate me on winning some OPAL sock yarn from Ladybug Yarns for entering my sock pictures.
I knit these two pairs from one ball of OPAL purchased by my knitting pal, Laura. To make it stretch - I used every scrap of the yarn in these cuff-down socks - I made the toes a solid color. Laura bought several balls of 'toes' yarn without having the main color on hand. I think she did a terrific job in matching the colors, don't you???

I also entered the yellow socks at the top. I knit two pairs of them out of one ball of OPAL, one entirely in the main color & one with a solid yellow toe. Yellow is beloved by the BT's mom - actually, I think she'd take anything off the needles - so I knit these up for her to go with her brown pants. Lucky for both of us, she likes short socks that come just to the ankle so she usually gets more socks out of the deal!

No comments: