Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cause I damwell didn't feel like it.


Okay, okay, so I'm a dirty dawg for not posting more often BUT, I just haven't felt sociable lately. I don't want to be nice to anyone. I don't want to be helpful. I don't want to go anywhere. My hands have been hurting me, especially the wrists & several finger joints. I just want to curl up with a couple of books, a comfy blankey & a big bag of salty Ripple chips. It must be a hormonal thing. Or, perhaps it's the buildup before the tax storm, I dunno. I haven't felt like posting to this bloody rag neither . . . .


So, now that I've got my butt in gear, I have to confess that I haven't knit a single stitch on Arvik lately either. BUT, I have been working on the other hip triangle in my Ginny sweater & it's just about finished. The trim will be the absolute worst though, I have to pick up stitches all around the neck, down both fronts & across the whole bottom . . . . . I'm thinking of crocheting the whole thing. A couple of rows of single crochets should go quickly, hide any nasty edges & give it just a little class. I hope.


And then there's my latest bunch of new born socks. I'll have to admit they're actually fun & ever so cute. I think about the little ones who'll be wearing them & the new moms who'll be admiring them & it cheers me up somewhat. I am hoping to send two dozen pairs this time around - I only managed 19 pairs last fall with all the gift knitting! These little socks have feet that're 2.5 to 3 inches long. I fold the tops over so they're even cuter. I may get out the 2mm needles - these are the 2.25mm ones - & make a couple of pairs even smaller. I've been starting off with 28 stitches, using 15 for the heel with 8 increases on each side for the gusset. I short row the centre stitches so that I have 4 markers on each side before turning the heel. I decrease the toe down to 12 stitches. This is a really good way to use up all the little bits left over from all the socks I've knit over the past few years although I have made a couple of pairs of Frankensocks.

Speaking of Frankensocks, I found about 10 or 11 little balls & one that looks like almost half a big ball of the BT's favorite black/white splotchy Confetti in the leftovers bag. I do believe - if he's a very good boy - NOT - that I might get one last pair out of the leftovers!! I think these ones will get the PINK toes . . . . . . hehehe, snort, snicker, hahah

No comments: