Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's STILL Snowing!

I got to test my all-wheel drive van - my client got it for me for $312 last spring - in the snow. It uses too much gas, it's sitting on a heavy-duty truck chassis but rides comfortably & goes like stink in this stuff. You should see it go up a steep, snow covered hill from a dead stop!! I've sold it to a client of mine who needs a heavy duty van but haven't found anything smaller yet so I get to drive it for another month or so.
I needed milk, catfood & toilet paper yesterday so I had to go out. I didn't shovel my drive, I swept a path with my broom!! But, I took the bag of salt, the shovel & the wire bottomed broom with me when I went - it was 8.4 inches on the nose in my drive & well above the tops of my rubber shoes, dammit. The cat refused to go out yesterday - smart cat! She preferred to sit in her window seat & growl at the birds that came into the garden to eat the leftovers I tossed out.

After all my scooting about, I came home to finish my new socks in the picture above. I just loved this OPAL yarn when I saw it in the Bargain Basket & saved it for myself. I decided I needed longer winter socks so I whipped it out & knit it up for ME.
About halfway thru this pair, I realized they looked awfully familiar. I couldn't stand it so I checked the sock basket for something in the same sort of pattern or colors that I made up in the past. I thought maybe I'd knit up some OPAL in a slightly different color combo or something. Can you believe it??? The exact same colorway! The one on the right is a little faded from all the washing but it's exactly the same colors as the new one on the left! Well, obviously I like this pattern!

If you look closely at the heels though, you'll see the older sock on the right has a short-row
heel which I believe is from Jan's Sock pattern & the left hand sock has the Queen Kahuna heel which I'm using these days!

I've knit so many socks in the last few years that it's really hard to remember what I've worked with & what I've just admired. Wish I could say the same about my SWEATERS. In this weather, I just wish I'd finished one of them by now.


No comments: