Sunday, January 20, 2008

How the Time passes


I know it's been more than a week since I wrote or posted a picture of my maudlin going's on. I don't need to be reminded! But, I've been busy. And not with crafty things neither!! It appears Revenue Canada - oops, CCRA since they got their new charter - well, it seems they've finally got their act in gear & we can file all the 2007 reports early. Holy Crap!! My tax software was ready for sale 10 days ago!! The tax software people have to wait for Revenue Canada to OK their product before we can buy it. We can't file T4s because Revenue Canada's ON-LINE software isn't usually ready till February! This year all of it's ready to go & has been for almost two weeks!! So, I'm filing what I can early!! Balancing Payroll books, doing Spread Sheets, filling out the forms . . . . . . who has time to knit???

Well, there is this little pair of socks I've been knitting . . . . . I know I swore I'd knit NO MORE SOCKS till one of my sweaters was done BUT I still need a little, portable project to carry around in the car with me. When I'm waiting somewhere or out for a coffee with friends, I just don't want a big project. I want something small that can just be whipped out, a few stitches done & put down again. I NEED a small project. And the BT's mom needs some longer socks for her new walking shoes. Now that her knee's been replaced, she's more active & her short socks leave her legs cold so I said I'd knit her a couple of pairs so she stops pinching the Old Man's socks. This is the next offering - I'm just starting to turn the heel. This is some of the OPAL Uglies that I found on sale before Christmas at my favorite yarn shop, Knitopia. I'm glad the BT's mom loves it. She says it goes with lots of her stuff!!! Okaaaaaaaaaay . . . .

And speaking of the sweaters, I'm working on the right hip triangle for Ginny. It's the sweater with the increases down the centre back, front & sleeves. When finished, it has a very deep dip, front & back so the sides have to have triangles knit in the sides to even it up before the edging, collar & button bands are done. It's just large & bulky so it's not the sort of thing you pack around. Arvik is in waiting since Ginny is closer to finishing but it's next.

Haven't been spinning anything but have been perusing my Knitting magazines, my collection of books & B
arbara Walker for a next project. I have several skeins of different shades of purple yarn spun up - some contain silk & some don't. I may take the easy way out & just knit a shawl to curl up in when I watch tv. I'm not sure I have the courage to wear one in public, but there is this simple sweater designed for scrap silk yarn that keeps calling to me. It's just two rectangles & a square with sleeves & I might just have enough yarn to make it. It's knit on large needles in a large stitch so it's very shawl-like in texture. Mmmmmmmm. . . .

No comments: