Saturday, January 12, 2008

No one here but us bags

I've almost finished the silk waste knitting bag I started last week. I decided I needed big round bamboo handles for it. And a flap to close the top. I've cast-off for most of the top except for a 2" flap on either end to fold over the handles to hold them on. I'm really hoping I have enough to knit a flap to close it with a big button or something . . . . . a bone?? a wooden spool??
I knit a rectangle in garter stitch for the bottom. And then I picked up stitches all around the rectangle increasing at least 4 stitches on each corner and a couple here & there on the sides to make the bag fuller.

And I found the other bag of silk waste. It's really nasty, hard, itchy stuff. I probably should wash it first - it's dark but probably with dirt. And, I think there's actually more of this stuff than there was of the brighter silk. I picked a lot of wood waste out of the brighter silk that I knit the bag with too. But, I think it will have to wait for warmer weather AFTER I've finished a couple of my sweaters!!! I'm cold. I need a sweater!


No comments: