Sunday, May 11, 2008

BLACK

What is it about BLACK that sucks the cat hair out of the air??
And you don't even have to have a cat. I'm not stupid, I know all about clothes brushes - oh, I've got the one with the sticky tape that you peel off & I've got one with a sticky surface that you rinse off. I've even got a folding sticky brush in the car for all the hair that attacks as you try to get from
the house to the car!! Nothing really works. Not in the 'burbs anyway . . . I'm thinking black is the color of the city - I'll bet smog & air conditioning clean the cat hair out of the air so those people can wear it. I suspect the kids who love black sleep all day & go out at nite do it to avoid the hair that sticks to their clothes! And what is the point of this ranting?? I bought three pairs of pants on sale last year that I can't wear because they literally suck cat hair right out of the air! They have hair & I've never had them on!!!!
And people ask me why I wear sweats!!


Knitting content??? Well, I have been busy this week but not too busy to knit. I've made a lot of progress on my Gluttony socks & I'm about to start the toe shaping. I decided if I have to reknit them, I'm gonna do it MY WAY. I didn't bother with a pattern but I did overlap the colors somewhat so there's no demarkation line where one color ends & the next begins - I think they're really pretty!! As I said before, I'd never have bought this handpainted merino before this Seven Deadly S(p)ins group but I like the result. These socks are mine to wear & enjoy!! I've had notification that the second package is on the way already!! I can't wait.


The Danish Working Shawl is well on it's way too. I've started the second big ball - second skein of four - & this shawl could be HUGE if I used all the yarn! If I had it to do again, I think I'd double the yarn & work with slightly larger needles. But, this one should do just what I wanted it to do & keep me warm without getting in the way of anything. I've never wanted or used a shawl before but I think this will be great to snuggle in especially when I'm sitting outside in the evening & just want something light to wrap around my shoulders. One thing about this shawl - it's given me more ideas about things to knit with handspun. I love the sponginess & springiness of handspun! I love it's softness as I knit. I love the fact that I made this yarn & dyed it myself - GAWD, I sound like a commercial for handspun!

And on to other things - I volunteered to make the Baby Surprise Jacket. Now, this is something I've been eye-balling for a while & I wanted to knit one up from odds & ends of sock yarns to see what everyone's been talking about. I understand there's people out there who churn these things out like a factory. And there's even an adult version too. So, like I've got nothing else to do, I volunteered because it gives me permission to knit when I should be working . . . . . . LOL
So, I had to drop all the other projects & start the Jacket last nite. I found some old Scheepsjwool Luzerne - my old fav in wool & acylic - & cast on. The only real thing I found you have to do with this pattern is remember which side you did the decreases on & exactly where they are. It's not that apparent in the first couple of rows!!! Other than that, it's dead simple!! This might be a great project to pack around when I'm off to drink Tea at Starbucks . . . . .

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Hi Sharon,

Ooooh, you'll love the Baby Surprise Sweater, pretty mindless, but oh so much fun!! Personally, I find that darm pattern addictive, I've lost track of how many I have knit!
Audrey in Maple Ridge

P.S. Love your Gluttony socks too!