Monday, September 01, 2008



Back to the Blog

I have two calendars in my house. One sits on the wall, in the hall, close to the kitchen where I record the hours worked for each client - the stuff I'm supposed to put in the DayTimer that sits with bills piled on top of it - appointments & Things I Must Remember. I actually turn the pages & record stuff that needs to be recorded. The other calendar hangs above my desk in the office, where the computer sits. It's still on July. It waits for summer to come back. Guess which calendar I use the most?? Yup, the one with the pages that never get turned. Well, today, I bit the bullet & turned the page to September. It's not raining but the sky is that paler shade of grey that tells you to get out the knitting needles & finish the sweater that you started last Fall.

Speaking of knitting, the Carpenter Wallaby is still languishing for want of some measurements. And I hear Arvik calling . . . . . . So, I'm thinking, I'll just pick her up & start knitting for ME again.
So - I dug out poor Arvik. And then I realized I'd stolen her needles - I have the Denise set so I can change out the ends quite easily - I guess I'm using them for the Wallaby. Or maybe I WAS going to use them for the Wallaby before I had to go down a couple of sizes . . . . . It pays to actually pin a note on the sweater when you're robbing it of it's needles so you can find out what size you were actually using!! Now there's a notion we could use - a tag with the needle numbers on it that can be pinned to the sweater whose needles you're stealing . . .

And then there's the Black Socks. I'm just about ready to do the toe shaping on one & mid foot on the other. These have gone much faster than the last pair - I suspect it's the Queen's heel shaping that saved the day! Another evening or two will see them finished & on their way to their new owner.

No comments: