Sunday, August 11, 2013

Just a little Sock Knitting

Too many projects & too little time! I seem to be doing nothing at all or 5 things at once. Maybe it's because I'm a Starter & not a Finisher??? Might have something to do with it, I guess .  .  . 

Motorcycle training just keeps on going - especially the Day School. Day School - runs just like six days of Primary School including recess - Monday to Friday & the following Monday. Once upon a time, Day School ran every couple of weeks for June, July & part of August. We've been running one since February!! And non stop since April. Unheard of. It's a boon for shift workers though since they can do part of a course with Day School & part with Main Program on Weekends. I've even had a couple of guys do theirs in 3 parts over several weeks! Seems we're the only people who will make that happen. Maybe we're crazy but we ARE in the Service industry.

And I've been working on my new course. Learning Kingdoms, Species, Families & genus of plants as well as the chemistry of life & the parts of a cell. The old memory isn't quite as fractured as I thought since I remember the parts of a plant cell quite well from Biology 101 in 1970 something. My problem is the new Software I have to use. Learning how to FIND it helps too.And, of course, ANOTHER new PASSWORD & ID#! My course info hasn't arrived yet but I decided to start without it since I have the text & access to the online class. Seems I'm the only one taking this course this semester - so I'm on my own. Damn.

Got an eye infection just to make life interesting. Why not??? First the voice goes - I now have a croaking whisper or whispering croak - take your pick!! And then the eyes go.  I get it every year at Tax Time. It's from handling dirty paper & rubbing tired, itchy eyes when working too long at a desk. You can't help it. So this weekend, I'm washing my hands every hour for two minutes with soap & then washing my eyes & face. No need for sticky antibacterial eye treatments, washing with soap & water several times a day for at least two days does the trick.


Between the goopy eyes, work & the course, I've even found time to knit more socks. I found another TWO BALLS of Regia Nations yarn. Yes, the Harlot is wearing a pair of the very same ones this week. I swear this is absolutely the last two balls I have!!  Dunno what I was thinking when I got so many balls of it waaaay back when it was on sale - $2 might've been the reason I guess - but 10 balls???. Four pairs of these socks have gone on to new homes in the last couple of years. And I will wear the last one. Maybe. It isn't Kroy but I like Regia a lot too.

No comments: