Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Bring It On

Now that the Silly Season is over & the days are getting longer - at least I think they are but it's still dark at 7:45 AM - it's time to start thinking about the Year that's just started & leave last year behind. It's hard to believe that it's 2019 when the year 2000 seemed so far away when I was a school kid!! But it's here & we have to deal with it.
I don't do RESOLUTIONS. I find that most people who do set themselves up for failure, right off the bat. I think I'll leave my money in my pocket & do something positive that's easy & good for me. Like taking my own TAKE-OUT cup when I go for coffee. I have a RED Starbucks cup that I try to use every time but it's a little small if you want extra large. And I take my own bags to Safeway. Yup, doing my bit!! Still using paper towels but they get composted.

I had a dream the other night that the landlord found me dead in my bed & threw out all my bins of yarn, roving & fleece!!! She had no idea of it's worth. She sent all my knitting books to the local Thrift Store & tossed my Old Indian spinner on the bonfire! Eeeek.  Now, I have a huge stash of spinning & knitting fibre - yeah, &  a lot of patterns to go with most of it too. I end up knitting socks instead of all the bigger projects because they're fun, bright & fast. I'm such a procrastinator. I like starting but sadly, not finishing. I'm taking that dream as a warning - this year, I have vowed to make no new purchases unless it's to finish an old project. And I will get off my arse & finish a new sweater for myself!

I think I'll cook more for myself this year too. I do love soups & stir fried meals. Both are fast, simple & full of good stuff. Much as I like dashing down to Church's Chicken for Chicken Tenders so I don't have to do dishes, it's just healthier to eat at home. It was easier to do when I had another person to cook for but I'm just as important. Sounds like a resolution, doesn't it???

On the Needles - Lara's vest progresses slowly. Since I'm hauling the Ex to two eye appointments later this month, I will take it & work on it while I'm waiting.
MY Sweater - Yup - dug in the basket, chose the one that's the closest to being finished & pulled it out to work on it. I already bought the B&L yarn in RED to make another so I think I have to get serious about this.

1 comment:

The socklady said...

The only resolution I have made is to not buy any sock yarn until this time next year, and with the amount I have on hand should be easy to keep. Post pix of your sweater when or if you get one done.