Monday, January 07, 2019

DUHHHHHH

The world is full of scams to trick the unaware so when I got a TEXT in December that said I had a credit of $655.19 & should log into a site to BLAH BLAH BLAH, I ignored it!! I was really annoyed that I was now getting scam TEXTs as well as the usual calls! I don't know about you, but I've been getting a daily call from a 1-855 number for weeks now  .    .    If I answer & yell WHAT???, it hangs up. If I don't answer, it goes to message & leaves me blank air. I regularly get messages reminding me of someone's medical appointments. I can't call back to tell them they have the wrong number & I can't reject it because no number shows up. And then there's the automated calls in a foreign language that I can't stop or change. And how about the scam that says it's the RCMP collecting money that's owed to the CRA tax??? Yeah, it used to be that cell phones were private!!

But, today I got another message about my CREDIT. Being in a mood, I decided to trace it down & toss a wrench in someone else's day. I thought I'd better check & see what my balance really was at the legitimate website. And found, to my surprise, a $655.19 credit!!! It wasn't a scam at all. But how could I possibly DO that???? It seems my bill is just a hair under $60 a month & I went paperless about three years ago. The bill never changed. Since I only print off the page with the explanation of charges, I never actually LOOKED at the bottom line - I didn't need to, I paid in full every month!! Somehow, one month, I hit the 9 instead of the 6 & overpaid by $30. And then copied what was on my print-out every month following for almost the last three years or so  .   .   .   .   I was advised not to bother paying my bill until Christmas.

On the Needles - I can't stand a begging man's tears!! Old Fat Ankles needs a couple of pairs of socks for his swollen feet so I've hauled out my ugliest Paton's 4 ply in greens/browns/yellowy tan & am rapidly manufacturing socks in an expanded size. Instead of my usual 72 sts for a man's sock, I went up to 76 & will add an extra couple of gusset increases as well. This should make a looser top & deeper heel for him.
Lara's Vest sits on my desk & I add a couple of rows here & there when I watch something on YouTube. My sweater is on HOLD until the socks are done.

2 comments:

The socklady said...

OK a month today in between updates.

Leigh said...

Interesting story about the credit! I would have assumed scam as well. In fact, most places tell you they never contact you via text or email. Good thing you checked it out safely!