Thursday, May 30, 2019

Three Days Later

It's Thursday & everything is still okay. I haven't been cooking yet but I've managed to wash almost all the dishes that were left soaking in my clean kitchen sink. My friend Ron hauled most of the garbage, cleaned off the horizontal surfaces but got called away on a family emergency. I've washed up most of the dishes he left, got my own prescriptions from the drugstore & even made a quick trip to my favorite Oriental grocery for fruit over the last couple of days. Gawd how I wanted fresh fruit!! They don't feed you any fresh fruit in the hospital .   .   .   .

I've even finished up the last couple of tax returns on my desk & there's only MINE & one other to do. But I have to clean out the fridge. Most of it went bad during my stay in the hospital so I'm not looking forward to that. Maybe I can start on the mountain of laundry on the floor in my bedroom. I think almost everything I own is in that pile. Why?? Because I was too weak to pull out the washer & hook it up to the sink! I could've hung it all on the drying rack once it was washed but I just couldn't get that washer out. I thought about dropping it off at the laundry but it became too much effort. So, now there's a mountain. The good news is that I can pull that damned washer out & hook it up again without problems. The bad news is - will anything still fit me????

I have spoken to Darlene, the sister of a pal, who owns a moving company. Darlene came by today to help me figure out what to do about my situation. Since I rescued her little brother from  tax paperwork hell, she promised to rescue me for only the labor costs. She says we can pack, sort & move in two days to make it easy on me or one day if we push it. Then we can get a bin & toss all the rest in a couple of hours - anytime. She has a big job booked for the 10th & is busy for the rest of the month, OMG - I'm booked for June 05!!  Got my estimate & was told to shut up & let us handle the move. Shutting up Dar!

On the Needles - nothing new on the needles. Trying to finish the current sock before I move. The sock bin is NOT going into storage but will come with me to my new abode with all my sock needles intact. It's up to me to point out the yarn I'm taking & the yarn that goes into storage.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Good luck with your move. And the laundry pile!