Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Dawg Days



 Marlow hung up my Wind Chimes for me. It's lovely listening to the one with the long tubes gently chime in the breeze that blows around the tiny porch at the top of the ramp. I sat outside for a couple of hours working on the current sock enjoying the afternoon & thinking about which yarn to use on the next ones. The bin of sock yarns I set aside to come with me went to storage so I'm left with a scrap bag .  .  .  .  but, I have to say, some of my most favored socks have come out of that bag!

Haven't been doing too much knitting because my thumbs have been really sore. Hopefully, that will change as the weather settles. I have several projects that I'd like to finish before I die!! The current car sock is almost finished - just a part of the toe to finish!! Wooo hooo  And I bought a summer project to knit in tropical colored cotton yarns. Just a simple wrap that caught my eye but something comfy to curl up in when it's breezy. And if I can find the energy, there's a couple of projects left over from last year that caught my eye  .   .   .   I have the yarn in a bag - somehow it walked into my car - but not the book with the patterns. Hopefully, all the books ended up in the same box in storage.
Lara's Vest

Kudos for the new Urgent & Primary Care Unit at the hospital. They've seen me every week since I walked in a couple of weeks out of the hospital. They like to take the time to treat the whole person. None of this 'We can only talk about TWO things today' business that the corner Clinic uses. That's what got me into trouble . No one knew my heart was failing because I wasn't allowed to talk about all my symptoms at the same time.
I now have a new Doctor & a Respiratory Therapist. And a personal Pharmacist. All my questions are answered fully or researched if no one knows. Of course, my whole history & notes from the moment I hit the hospital are on the screen for all to read. From some of their responses, it must be even worse than I know so I've given permission for all my support people to access them. Until I turned 60 & got the flu that paralyzed my left vocal chord, I've never really had any medical emergencies. So all of this is new to me. And it's so nice to be treated like a rational human instead of a symptom.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wind chimes, tropical coloured wrap, and a responsive healthcare unit - all sounds good to me. Enjoy your summer.