Saturday, April 18, 2020

Another Birthday

 Thursday I turned 69. There was a time when 60 was old but that was when I was young. Remember those days??? "Never trust anyone over 30!" And now I'm more than twice that untrustworthy age. hahahahah If it wasn't for this damned pandemic, it'd be a great time to be old!!

So what did I do on my birthday??? Well, I gave the fluffy feral cat a whole can of shredded chicken in gravy & hopped back into my bed to listen to a short Audiobook called The Runner of Pern. It's one of Anne McCaffrey's short stories about another facet of her PERN Series - I am very fond of all of them except for the ones her son pretends to write  .  .  .  .   I will go for my take-out lunch because I know they expect me on my birthday & then to Mcdonald's for a good coffee. Supper is already cooked so I will soak up some sun in the park. And then I'll pay that Hydro bill. I've really been wanting Sushi lately but I don't know what's still open so maybe I'll have to explore that for tomorrow, haha!

Most of you know I love my Kobo reader. I use it constantly & it's been the greatest thing I ever bought!! I actually use it more than my phone. Originally, I bought it so I could download text books from UBC. Kobo had all the copyrights to their texts where the OTHER readers did not! Then I found USED texts to be half or less the price of ebook texts & I could write in them. So Kobo became my personal reader instead. I've taken it everywhere & read it daily for over 9 years now it's been doing bad stuff like skipping pages & trying to change chapters on me. Maybe it's time to upgrade the poor thing. I really don't need or want anything else at the moment.


Knitting or Spinning - no knitting going on but I got my indian spinner outside on the porch & have been winding off all that white yarn I spun up out of the Sheep Shed Grab Bag I bought with Gail about 20 years ago .  .  .  .  I actually spun up the very last of all the egg shaped knots in the bottom of the bag.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Happy birthday for Thursday. I miss sushi, haven't eaten any since we used to visit the Sushi Train in Sydney a couple of years back. Rural Lincolnshire doesn't do sushi, it's more a fish and chips sort of place.

Sharon in Surrey said...

I could love fish & chips too but there's nothing really GOOD around here. Too much batter & not enough fish or the chips are soggy.

ck said...

Happy Birthday Sharon.
I really enjoy my Kobo as well . Broke my wrist a few years back , couldn’t knit or read ( not able to hold book and turn pages ) Purchased a kobo and was the best . Easier to carry around than several books .

Louisa said...

A belated happy birthday to you, Sharon! (Sorry. Running behind on my blog reading.) You can’t be old because I’m older than you! Turning the big Seven Oh in November. And yes, I totally miss sushi and fish and chips too. Neither benefits from getting them as take-out food so I’ve been resisting the temptation to even try that. Though desperation may set in soon! Keep well!