Friday, April 24, 2020

YESTERDAY

I just couldn't stand it for one more moment - yesterday, really early, I had to go to my favorite Chinese grocery store for fruit, green veggies & BBQ pork. I've been really staying away because it's almost impossible to maintain the current social distancing in a Chinese market. People use elbows to get through the crowds, they don't talk. The aisles are narrow & everyone wants the best produce so everything is squeezed, poked & carefully looked at. 

The right portion of pork is very important to every buyer too -  especially me - since I like the lean portions while my fellow shoppers mostly go for the fatty ones. They like bone in, I like boneless!! We all like the grapes, mangos & bananas it seems  although most of them fry theirs while I don't. 
One thing about a Chinese market though - everything is sparkling fresh & crisp. So I took the chance & went. 

When I exited the elevator, a security guard tried to take my buggy & chase me outside until he saw my O2 bottle in the buggy. I wasn't aware of the line-up outside since I park in the handicap spots under ground - oops - but he waived me in. It appeared I was the only person in the store without a mask & gloves too. Oh Oh. All money presented went onto a plate so nothing passed hand to hand. I washed before leaving & gelled before going into the store so I decided not to worry too much. I have a couple of masks but I can't breathe deeply enough to walk, talk & use them even with the 02 so I'm saving them for the hospital clinic if I have to go. That's just how it is .  .  .  .  

Shopping trip was short & sweet!! All the usual people said HI & wished me safety. And then, on the way home, I stopped & picked up my favorite lunch to go .  .  .  .  before heading home to carry in all those groceries. Did I make it?? Just barely!! Got the meat in the fridge, dumped the bags by the cold back door & sat down in my big chair to promptly fall asleep. 
Grocery shopping does me in every time. But it was so great to have BBQ pork turnovers for dinner with a fresh orange  -  after I woke up in the chair that is.

I was too tired to go anywhere today other than my local lunch spot. I could've stayed home since I have groceries but I woke up thinking about a grilled cheese on rye. I haven't made it to the bread, cheese & milk store yet!! They made my favorite Broccoli Cheese soup - woo hoo - as well. My Car Hop came out with a bag & a sour creme bucket with my soup in it. They were closing in 15 minutes & gave me a half bucket instead of a bowl of soup to go! Wow.

Not an exciting week by any means but I supported my local small businesses and did a good deed as well for some hard working fellas with a travel pot of coffee & 8 apple turnovers  .  .  .  .



No comments: