Thursday, March 18, 2021

Another Hospital Visit


Got a call yesterday
while I relaxed on the porch with a coffee & book, my eye surgeon had a cancelation for Friday, was I interested?? You betcha!! I said YES, did a thumping dance, laughed out loud, cheered & yodeled before I even thought about a RIDE. The nice girl on the other end heard me & was laughing as well. She gave me the rest of the info - then I had my work cut out for me - get eye drops, start them immediately, find someone to pick them up, find a ride - no purses, no jewelry, no wallet, no keys allowed, find easy food for the next three days, take a shower before, take an extra oxygen tank, put new tank in my carrier, wear short sleeve top for BP cuff, find ride. 

Every dish in my place is dirty - every pan too. I've been feeling blue this last week so I haven't done anything. So, I guess today is clean up day. I know I can fill the Crock Pot with something for dinner for Friday. I'll be really, really tired from all the walking I have to do & will probably go home & crash for several hours!! There are times in a single person's life when a partner would be really, really handy.



No comments: