Friday, March 26, 2021

Eye Report


 Well, here I am 7 days post cataract surgery
. I have to say it was the easiest, quickest, least intrusive   surgery I've ever had. It took longer to sew the end back on my thumb when I tried to slice it off with a can!! Other than dumping a whole lot of disinfectant into my ear & hair, the whole thing was fast, tidy & painless. I felt nothing other than one little tug. I didn't need pain killers. No pain, just itchy & teary from the medication. The worst part of the whole thing is those damn eye drops. I swear I'm still dropping them in through my eye lashes .  .  .  .  .  

My new eye does get tired. When it does, I have to take a short nap or wear my glasses so it's fuzzed out of focus. The first three days I took long naps & went to bed really early. I ate lightly & drank only water. Yesterday, I put on my sunglasses & went for a coffee. I found it easier to drive with my glasses on, using my bad eye and made sure I had my best sunglasses on. Since it was only a few blocks & familiar, all went well. Walking is a bit of a problem, I use one eye with the other closed since my depth perception is wonky. But, all in all, I recommend this surgery to everyone. Just get yourself someone to put the drops in if you can.

Knitting - no knitting at all. I suspect there will be no knitting until I get the lens removed from my glasses where the fixed eye is. I can't see anything if I take them off & one eye is totally blurred out with them on. What's a knitter to do?? I may try spinning instead.

Oh by the way - just got an invite from Clara Parks to join the Wool Channel. It's a pay-to-access site but I signed on for a couple of months to see what it's all about - only about $10. Will it become another Ravelry?? 


No comments: