Friday, May 21, 2021

What a Time I've Had


 
It's been a busy week. I had a lot of errands to do in advance of my second cataract surgery since I won't be able to drive for a few days. I had to renew my car insurance, get my eye drops before surgery, renew & pick up my new orange puffer, send back the bras that won't fit, give blood at the lab, return leggings from another mail order, return an Mp3 player that won't play Mp4s, pick up a few groceries that I was too tired to collect last week, fill up the gas tank & drop off several tax returns. I'm okay with two or three errands as long as I don't have to walk too far or haul the O2 machine in & out more than three times. I just don't have enough oxygen circulating in the old bod to do more than that until I build up my endurance. Right now, after being house bound for Covid, I might be able to walk to the end of the block in an afternoon if I had too but wouldn't be able to walk back. I just can't keep enough oxygen circulating in my blood to operate all my arms & legs, breathe, think & talk at the same time. So, usually, I time things in twos with a sit down break or lunch in the park. I renewed my insurance next door to London Drugs when I went to get my prescriptions. Lucky day for me because Clover Leaf canned Sockeye was $2 off!! I bought SIX of them for the pantry. When I got finished, I drove home via my favorite café & got Fish & Chips to go for lunch! Then I had to go to bed when I got home .  .  .  .  

I am feeling a lot better for getting out more though. I haven't made it to Safeway or my Chinese grocery yet but they're on the list for next week. I've been way too tired with all my little errands this week. But I now have two huge tubs of flowers on my porch! A little side trip to the dollar store next to the Lab  got me $30 worth of silk flowers in pinks, purples & greens with some Baby's Breath for fun & filled them both with tons of color with no watering!!! 

Since I can't knit socks or anything fine until after my surgery & new eyeglasses, I've been eye balling that huge bag of acrylic laying on my living room floor. I hate acrylic yarns BUT they do make interesting afghans for shut ins. Since I can't find anyone who wants the stuff .  .  .  .  maybe I could crochet them into something useful. I don't like sewing things together but I can crochet a giant granny square afghan or lapghan to give away locally. And I DO miss working on something .  .  .  .

No comments: