Tuesday, May 11, 2021

At Last


I've been hauling around
the check my lawyer sent me for the final disposition of  my Ex's estate for a couple of weeks. I sort of knew what I wanted to do with it but the trip to the bank to sort it all was a little more than I could handle emotionally. I'm not used to having more money than I can spend in a month, never mind for every month in the last year & a half. Every time I check my bank account, there's more money in there!! So this huge - for me anyway - check just weirded me out. Today I - finally - got rid of the check.

The new Bank branch was overjoyed to take my money. They gave me TWO people to handle it all. One does regular banking & one does investments. I like them both but the investment banker is the bomb!! I had picked two funds to invest in already - I had been watching one of them for years & got my Ex into it. My new banker agreed with me for different reasons though. And then I suggested we take $10,000 & do something a little riskier with it. I asked for his favorite fund & we talked about it for a while before picking it up, just for fun. This one should be fun to watch since it's up & down & all over like a roller coaster but it has significantly increased over time. It's all Equities(stocks) so it bounces with the Market but it has everything from Johnson & Johnson to Disney in it. 

And after all of that, I even renewed my Driver's License today. I'm legal to drive once more!! Then I came home, fell on my bed & slept like the dead for 5 hours!!


No comments: