Monday, April 26, 2021


 
Wow, did it ever get cold & wet around here!! I'm back in my winter sweats & added wooly blanket when I watch TV. I could turn on the furnace again but it's not really cold enough for that. Just cool & damp. Even the feral cat wants to come inside.

I'm able to get up & down the ramp to my car once again - not without some problems though - twice is my limit before the old knee starts complaining & I have to be careful using the handrail since I picked up a big splinter in my palm on Sunday. The cat has been sitting on the corner where it's wider & sharpened her claws on the handrail. Thank you Fluffy. But never mind, it sure was nice to get to Rotten Ronnie's for a coffee & McMuffin AND down to my favorite café for a chicken Caesar salad. Now to get my hair cut & my Driver's license renewed!!

Don't mind saying that it feels like I've been released from jail. I have nowhere to go but I have the freedom to go there! Isn't that the silliest thing you ever heard??? 

One of my buddies dropped by on Sunday morning with a coffee - lovely man - he was an hour & a half standing in line for his Covid shot on Friday, then spent Saturday feeling nauseous & headachy. Woke up Sunday feeling fine. Crazy eh?? I just felt tired the next day when I got mine. Funny how we all react differently .  .  .  . Another friend dropped in this afternoon with a baked lasagna with meat balls in hand - and his tax stuff - he'd just heard via the grapevine that I'd fallen & was limping around. He's 69 & still works 2 nights a week delivering for an Italian café & 4 half days for Skip the Dishes. He loves it. Every time he visits, he brings Italian food which is great for a change. It's the only time I ever eat lasagna so I really enjoy it.

Knitting - no knitting. Can't see up close until I get my glasses adjusted. I may try the drugstore 'cheaters' to see if I can read with my fixed eye. Can't see anything without glasses with my unfixed eye. But I can spin, wind off yarn & make balls out of skeins. So, guess what I'll be doing?? 


No comments: