Friday, April 02, 2021

Still Hobbling


Well, I survived the day after the fall
. I would've cheerfully gone to the hospital any time that day if it wasn't for Covid. One of my pals called me in the evening of that day & told me he would be around in the morning with some goodies from Tim Horton's. I was thrilled. Two days after my nose dive & my entire side is still  painful but not as much as the day after & everything moves a little better. I spent a lot of time in bed flexing my thigh & moving my ankle around to loosen everything up. Ron brought enough chicken strips & breakfast sandwiches to feed me for the day!!! But the hot coffee was the best part. I could've kissed him. I was able to get to my recliner in the evening for a little TV.

At midnight, all the power went out with a bang. I was in my recliner on my house O2 when everything failed - the whole neighborhood was black!! I had to find my house machine - I have a 150' of hose, shut off the alarm, get my portable machine, check the O2 level in the tank & get it to my bed so I could breathe. Good thing I had the cell phone in my sweatshirt pouch so I had a light. One more lesson learned - buy flashlights for each room!

Today, on Good Friday, I'm still sore enough that I can't walk too far, stand too long or carry anything hot but I can move around a whole lot easier than yesterday. My knee is round again, instead of square. I definitely did the most damage to my right knee & calf muscles but moving them kept them loose. Both knees are very tender where I landed but every day I can move a little better. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon because I have an Optometrist appointment on April 6th to get my glasses adjusted.

It never rains but it pours .  .  .  .  .

1 comment:

ck said...

Oh my goodness , you have had more than your quota of injuries and mishaps . Fingers crossed that you are done and things are now on the upswing .