Thursday, April 22, 2021

Working on Walking



Dragged my sorry ass
down the ramp to the car on Sunday with two bags of garbage attached to the hook on my O2 machine. Knee still sore but I did it anyway! Spent most of the afternoon resting with my feet up in preparation & was able to drive with NO PROBLEMS. Wish I could say the same for getting from the car to the first station inside .  .  .  it ain't easy with a cane AND a portable O2 machine on wheels. They saw me coming, waved me to the nearest chair & did everything from that chair. Nice folks. They kept me for a half hour after the shot instead of 15 minutes to make sure I was okay & I sailed out to my car & off to Church's Chicken for my take-out dinner.
 Got home with no problems, made it up the damn ramp, ate my dinner & was in bed before 9PM.

Next day I just felt tired & was sore at the injection site. That's it. Now to work at getting stronger so I can get my Driver's License renewed. Three weeks off my feet made me weaker than ever!! 

You can tell Spring is in the air - all the For Sale signs have sprung up in front yards all over the neighborhood!! I know I need to sell the shack but it's so nice around here for most of the year! And it's quiet unless the neighbors two doors down are partying. I just hate the thought of living in an apartment building with people surrounding me on all sides with noise & fumes. I think I now understand the 'cabin in the woods' mentality that older men get. 

I also really want to buy good dirt & fill up all the planters on the porch, maybe even that pair of size 14 rubber boots I bought for Marlow that only got worn twice, cherry tomatoes would do well in them!!! I want to hang up a basket of trailing plants in the corner & get another Snake plant to replace the one I lost in the move .  .  .  .  sigh

Knitting - no knitting going on right now but I am winding off all that white wool I spun in my old apartment. My giant bobbin holds a lot. Somewhere in my storage locker, there's about 10 huge skeins of the same wool - it's very sproingy, if you know what I mean, & loosely spun. I wanted to dye it all when I finished spinning it & knit it into a top-down, round yoked, cardigan. I even bought a Mother Mackenzie's dye kit & saved a whole lot of Kool Aid in a special Blue - Astro Blaster Blue, I believe. I can't knit until I get my second eye done since I will need reading glasses to see. My arms are just not long enough!!

I have a lovely bin of Romney roving I bought eons ago. It's kind of a dry, dark grey but spins up into a really nice color with a hint of blue. I just spray it with spinning oil & it spins like a dream. It seems to be spinning weather outside right now & I can see to do it without a problem.

No comments: