Tuesday, July 15, 2008



So I haven't been too Wordy lately

Keeping up a blog is a pain in the ass sometimes - especially in the summer when the days go by at supersonic speed!! I've been working on Sundays lately, opening the UBrew for the old faithful client who can't bottle any other day . . . . it's okay with me since I work the rest of the day by myself in peace & quiet while I listen to my latest audio book. I've been listening to the Friday Night Knitting Club & have become embroiled in the comings & goings of Walker & Daughter!! A fun listen so far!!

Still knitting on the Arvik sweater although it's big enough so that it's also too hot to work on it! I love the fabric though & will definitely spin more yarn with projects in mind in the future. I'm guilty of producing YARN with no purpose other than to decorate my living room. Baaaaaad Sharon. I've turned the heels on my Garn Studio socks - the Parents Who Have Everything will be pleased when their birthdays arrive next month! The male half is getting shades-of-brown for his birthday while Her Nibs will be getting the turquoise jobs in the photo on the last edition of this blog.

I considered joining the Tour de Fleece but decided not to. I've got enough on my plate this year!! But in it's honor, I've been hauling the Indian Spinner outside in the morning when it's cool to spin for a half hour or so. I'm really enjoying it with my morning tea . . . . I get to see the squirrels running along the fences while the crows dive bomb them! The cat lays in the old chair & mewls at the little birds landing on the steps while I work.

Last nite, the boys who brought me the 150 pound pot of bamboo arrived with hacksaws & box cutter to cut a piece off for the new patio planter one of them bought. I was happy to let them since I wanted a smaller bamboo to stuff into the new pot I bought for it. I got the biggest plastic outdoor pot that Revy had. It was too small. The bamboo had to get a root cut. After an hour of almost constant chopping, cutting & jumping - they took turns!! & I dug out a folding camp shovel that doubled as an adze - the boys finally hacked off a piece big enough to stuff in their planter!! The bamboo was mostly intact but had lost about a third of its roots, 40 pounds of rock & a little dry dust in the middle of the pot. The poor thing had grown around the rocks in its bottom so that they were almost engulfed by wood. All the pounding, jumping & laughter drew it's fair share of curious neighbors to gauck of course. But, it's now snug in it's new pot with mushroom manure & topsoil after soaking in water all nite. I think it looks happier! Anyone want a piece????

That's about it except for all the late tax returns I've been doing. Maybe I'll finally get mine done one of these days.

1 comment:

spinquilt said...

I would love a piece of bamboo but not if I have to go through all that work to get it. I know I am not up to that.
Karen