Thursday, February 11, 2010


Oh What Have I Done??

I've signed on for the Knitting Olympics on Ravelry. I am finishing a WIP begun as a house-warming gift for "he who won't be named" in 2005. It's a giant granny square afghan in blues & greys. Half finished & stuck in a bag. HE wanted a plain blue one but I wouldn't make one because plain blue is so boring . . . so it became blues & greys. I hate sewing things together so it became one giant granny - it got so big that I couldn't tote it around with me as 'car crochet' anymore. So it got stuffed in a bag & neglected. And then HE got the boot. So it sat in the bag - unwanted. I even thought about taking it apart but didn't. So, I entered it into the WIP catagory in the Olympics. I will finish it before the Olympic flame is extinguished or else. It will then go to a new home where it will be loved & appreciated.

And as if I don't have enough to do, I've entered into the Sock catagory too. I am making "Smoldering Hearts". It's a charted lace patterned sock - I don't have the luscious red yarn of the original but do have some yummy purple & pink Berroco Sox that should do the trick very nicely. And I've entered the very same sock into the Harlot's Knitting Olympics too. This is my very first charted lace & a rare patterned sock. I usually make plain vanilla socks in wild yarns. I'm thinking the sock may take longer than the granny square . . . .

No comments: