Friday, November 24, 2017


It's amazing what a week will do. I'm still a little afraid of the Orange puffer but I think I've got the Blue one down perfectly! And I feel a lot better. I can breathe again without coughing. I can even take several DEEP breaths without coughing & best of all, I can lay down to sleep without coughing. No more getting back up & sitting on the side of the bed until I stopped, either. My ribs & shoulders are still sore but the rest feels a whole lot better!!

Back to the new doc again today to talk about my X-rays & how I feel. Both of us are happy with how I feel but I have to stay on the puffers for another month. Sometimes you just don't understand HOW BAD you are until you feel better!! The poor woman didn't get to talk about my cardiogram or cholesterol but asked about my walking instead. Are you kidding??? I told her I could walk about 2000 steps on a good day before my knee became unstable. So she promptly sent me back for knee X-rays. And I have another appointment in 10 days.
And I was feeling good enough to get my flu shot today - the new pharmacist was so good I never even felt it!! But, no Barbie bandaids dammit.

Knitting Content

Finished the second scrappy blue sock last night - well, I still have to tuck in ends but otherwise, it is DONE. I've been asked for some wrist warmers so they're next on the needles. I fell down the sock yarn hole & ordered a few balls of sock yarn for ME from Knit Picks called Goth Kitty. It's Hot Pink, Grey & Black - soooo me!!! I loved it on sight & had to have it. Bad Sharon. And I made sure I have enough for some wrist warmers for me as well. I intend to cast them on the moment the yarn arrives!!
The Giant Shawl/Blanket for my niece is finished but for the tucking in of all those ends. Not looking forward to that job.
I ordered yarn for three shawl/scarves for elderly  old friends last spring - they were to be Summer Knitting but didn't get done. Hopefully, I'll be able to do the most important one before the Big Day.


1 comment:

Louisa said...

So glad you’re feeling much better! It’s probably going to be a slow process but hey, who’s counting, eh? Ooh, buying presents for yourself means you get what you want. And the knitting part is the best! Take care, hon’!