Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Leaves are Falling Everywhere



I'm not much of a coffee drinker even though I used to meet my buddies at Starbucks almost every day - I did like several of their tea blends & I could knit like mad while I sat there. Most of my coffee buddies laughed because my coffee maker had never had anything but tea in it's basket. I still do love a coffee once in a while so I always go OUT for mine. I have a couple of spots to sit outside - even in my car with the windows down - this time of year when the trees are turning color & the little birds are flocking together in the tops. It's sweater weather with piles of multi-colored leaves on the ground to roll in but still plenty left in the trees to brighten up the days. I love warm summer days & fresh berries but crisp fall days with colored leaves everywhere are still my favorite times of the year. I think of new apples, bales of sweet alfalfa hay & Brussels Sprouts after the first kiss of frost. Wool weather. For Sure.

Yesterday I brought in the Christmas/Easter cactus, the Jade plant & two little Jade cuttings. Oooops, yes, I know, it has been cold but they were tucked under the patio table against the interior wall & haven't been watered in two or more weeks so they could take a little cold!! And just look at what the cactus did overnight. It's actually TWO cacti, one with smooth segments & the other with 'hooked' segments & they're named for the season in which they normally bloom. Well, guess what, mine bloom any time they please & usually at the same time!! They like to set buds when they get nice long nights & equal days - & always after a summer outside. I figure this one liked it's stay outside again this year. PS - Since the camera is still lost, you're getting a shot of a previous blooming, just in case you wondered.


The camera is still lost although I'm sure it will be found soon - I'm in the process of recycling all the plastic pencil/paper/file/disc holders I have that I don't use & shredding all paperwork over 10 years old. Good Gawd, is that a bag in the bottom of the closet with a fleece in it???? Once you get started, you just can't stop .   .   .   .  


No comments: