Monday, December 25, 2017

A Merry Historical Christmas


I think I heard someone on the radio say that it will be a record year if it snows on Christmas day - well it's snowing out there folks. Not much, just a whisper over night but it did snow off & on all day until it got dark. A record broken for the Lower Mainland this year. Not enough snow to make a snowman unless you shovel the whole drive, but we got snow.
I took the Ex & a friend out for late lunch/early dinner yesterday for Christmas. The Old Boys don't drive after dark because they can't see very well so they got a Chinese lunch - their choice!! Both wanted combination dinners Apparently they get turkeyed to death this time of year with all the church dinners, senior dinners & family get-togethers!! Both of them have somewhere to go for Christmas dinner but they say it's too much noise & bother - they'd rather stay home with the fire & TV on. I don't blame them a bit. I think a lot of us would be happier with leftovers than endure hours of family squabbles & noise. I used to go to one family gathering years ago just for the ham bone & turkey carcass. They used to throw everything out when guests went home!!! No one would eat 'leftovers' in that family!!! I used to get at least two big pots of soup out of those 'leftovers'. 

I'm not cooking turkey either this year. I love the legs & thighs & if I could buy only thighs I'd be in heaven & would cook it monthly. Luckily the Ex loves white meat so when I do cook a small turkey, he gets the white & I take the brown. I just wish they grew turkeys with bigger thighs though .   .   .   .   

Knitting content - Nada, Nothing, Zip. The new pills the doctor asked me to try for my knee pain not only did nothing for my knee pain but also did nothing for my hands. And while I was taking it I couldn't take anything else so I've been stiff, sore, burning, aching & weak. Not a good couple of weeks. Tonight, before bed, I shall return once more to my Tylenol Arthritis/Ibuprofen combo & hope tomorrow is better. Maybe I'll be able to get back to sock knitting once more!!


No comments: