Sunday, December 17, 2017

Slip Slidin Away


I've been having a Simon & Garfunkel week with everything 'slip slidin' away'. Boy, does the time fly by when you're busy!! Doesn't hurt of course when people you haven't seen in ages keep calling to go out for lunch or dinner. Maybe it's just that time of the year!!! For a very long time I've found the Christmas season a pain in the butt. Traffic jams, road blocks, more drunks & more beggars of every description. It annoys me.
Everybody talks about giving this time of year - giving to what??? Why give 'em a taste of Vegas when they live out of dumpsters the rest of the year, eh?? And why on one day, once a year anyway?? I'm not saying stop helping. Let's consider a Hand up not hand out.

I could rant all day about the housing shortage. If the local government was serious about low cost rental housing, it would be building portable modular housing everywhere & not just talking about it. And who's the idiot allowing Developers to bulldoze existing housing months & years before they're ready to pour the foundations for replacements?? If there's no housing, there won't be any workers. Think about that for a moment. Who will man that drive-thru when you want a coffee?? Who will sweep floors in the schools?? Who will help you at the Mall or bag your groceries? Never mind Food for the Poor, let them have affordable Housing & Daycare instead, they can always find work to feed themselves!! Think about it folks, most of us who rent are only 3 months away from living in a tent in the park.

In the meantime, life goes on. I have a roof over my head & it's usually warm but not tonight. So I bought myself some wild pink & purple hoodies & heavy grey sweats - I am the recipient of my own gifts this year!! I collected the last two boxes today!!! The cupboards are full, warm clothing is at hand & I can watch YouTube on the computer & Public TV on the tube. Now if we could only do something about all those bloody commercials.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

You said it, girl! Glad you got your new snugglies before the cold sets in. And commercials are what fast-forward was invented for. Also Netflix.