Friday, August 24, 2018

Is That Fall Outside??

My Winter Warmer
The last couple of days have been positively COLD for this time of year in the Vancouver burbs! I'm sitting in my WEST facing office with the blinds wide open & feeling a little too cool. I felt this way yesterday as well & actually dug out my old sweats!! Is summer over??? Or is this the result of all that smoke waaaay up in the stratosphere? I, personally, don't mind a little cool weather!! I'm still in love with this cowl from Knitter's!!!
 I have two lots of yarn spun up that could be used to make it. One lot was custom dyed for me in reds, pinks & blues which ended up a lot lighter than the pictured yarns but is still pretty nice. The other lot is in neon pink & lime green which I spun for a Stephen West shawl. Both of them would work up nicely with the custom dyed lot being pretty &  subdued while the pink & lime is right in your face! If it's cooler, then it's time to KNIT.

It's been a tough summer for me. Between the smoke. the pollution & the heat, I've found it hard to breathe. And if you can't breathe, you can't do much of anything!! Tuesday morning I went out early to do several errands while it was cool - I didn't get to finish all of them because it was much smokier than I realized. I was short of breath, started to cough, realized my puffer was in the knitting bag on my desk & had to go home. I coughed so much it made my ribs sore again & I thought I'd be sick in the car - thank gawd for icy air conditioning. And it's amazing how exhausted you feel after a bout of extreme coughing .  .  .  I slept like the dead for 3 hours!!

And if that wasn't enough, my favorite cafe is closed till the day after Labor Day!! Ack!! 


No comments: