Tuesday, June 25, 2019

No One Noticed

One month since I escaped the hospital & I'm still living out of boxes. I did find my hairbrush, paper clips & the Payroll book. Some clothes are washed & folded into piles although the drawers in the bottom of the new bed are not put together yet. We have no pots or pans - they're still packed somewhere, I hope, but I'm too scared to go to the storage locker!! Marlow doesn't really have cooking utensils. Or dishes. The soup/spaghetti pot is outside on a barrel. Why?? Oh he was watering the grape vine .  .  .  .   I ordered a Curtis Stone flat bottomed pan with 4" sides & glass lid. It will go nicely with the two quart tall pot with the handle on one side & a spout on the other that I got just before I went into the hospital. At least I can make instant soups, noodles & stir fries until I find my big soup pot.

Running between appointments & trying to catch up with the bookkeeping left undone this past year or so .  .  .  .   seems most of my regulars knew I was sick but were  too damned chicken  hesitant to say or do anything but give me more time!  They have all remarked on my 'improvement' though. And some are still tip toeing around. Men are so silly. 


Knitting - not much knitting going on except for turning the heel on the second sock of a pair of grey striped socks. Did you think there would EVER be a time when a SOCK was not in progress??? Silly reader! I had this pair with me at the hospital. The Nurses wondered what was in the cloth bag under my left elbow that I hung onto with such fierceness. Oh yes, one wallet, my phone, my ebook, my Creative audio player, a charger for book, phone & audio player & one extra ball of yarn for the sock in progress. The sock-in-progress was in a pink bag. Nobody likes to lean on a sharp knitting needle even when they're almost dead.

1 comment:

ck said...

You will get your knitting mojo back soon enough. It takes a while when you have been as ill as you were. Glad to see you are able to start getting things back to a “new normal “