Monday, June 17, 2019

Nothing Left . . .

I am moved. Well, almost - there's a couple of chairs, a plant or two & one big box of files. My biggest customer came over with his pick up & we filled it yesterday but there wasn't quite enough room for the last little things. Today we'll complete the job & I'll never go back again. Surprisingly, the neighbors came out to bid me farewell & have a friendly laugh or two. They even took home my old washer, dryer, photocopier, printer, radio, lamps, card table, file cabinet & two microwave ovens. I had a pile for the junk guy but the neighbors beat him to it.


I thought I was well & on my way to recovery when I left the hospital but boy, have I ever learned a lesson or two with all this moving. I am not recovered at all.
Monday, I had an appointment with my Respiratory Therapist at Fraser Health. Driving to Langley, being tested, walking the halls to see how long I COULD walk with the O2 machine & then driving home exhausted me. I spent almost 3 hours on the errand, came home & laid down for a nap. I slept like the dead for almost 4 hours!!!
Tuesday, I went shopping at Hen Long because I wanted fruit, juice, salad & BBQ pork & couldn't handle the Safeway. I was tired after a couple of hours, dragged myself home & did the same as Monday.
Wednesday, it was so hot we couldn't move so Marlow & I did washing & hung it all outside. Both of us slept all afternoon.
Thursday, I loaded up the car with the small stuff left at the apartment, did some banking, gassed up the car & hid under the trees with a Subway sandwich for some peace & quiet before going for a nap.
Friday, my client Dwayne loaded up all the boxes of client files etc, delivered them, rearranged the office/bedroom, told Marlow there would be so much room if he took out the Universal Gym & all the clothes hanging on it & helped him move it. I slept for most of the afternoon.
Saturday, Marlow took the Gym apart & put it all on the side of the road for the scavengers!! I missed most of it since I was out dropping off paperwork & buying more fruit & salad. Marlow got a big meat pie for dinner because he had to carry the groceries in while I went to bed.
Sunday, we went out for breakfast & generally laid about after I did a payroll & paid my client's bills.

In some ways I am very glad I moved back in with the Ex. I tire easily & when my energy runs out, it's sudden & total. Like slamming into the wall - boom, I'm done. I frequently need help because I have no strength, I'm out of breath or my balance is off. I grind my teeth & cuss under my breath a lot. It's very frustrating but most of the places I frequent know me well & have been generous with bathroom & chair. And Marlow, at 81, fetches & carries for me a lot!
In other ways, my life is upsidedown & disrupted. I can't find anything. I've had to go out & buy the necessities which are in a box marked 'Sharon's car'  & either got tossed or went to storage by someone who can't read!! Things have been thrown out that should've been saved - they tossed my houseplants!!! & two bags of wine, saved items are stuffed in a storage unit where I can't get at them, there's no closet for my clothes & I have no privacy at all.

It might've been easier to dumpster the lot & start again!



1 comment:

Sue said...

Sleep is a great healer. Sometimes off loading 'stuff' can be therapeutic too. Take your time.