Friday, August 09, 2019

IMPROVEMENTS



Made my first trip to the locker yesterday. I need to find so many things! Since it was Starbuck's two for one day, I got TWO iced coffees so I had a bribe in hand in case I needed help. No bribe was required and they offered to help me any way they could. One young man came with me & helped put several things on my dolly. I realized I could've used a smaller unit but that's okay for now, at least I don't have to put it all in the hallway to find anything!!
Found  the rice cooker, the big soup pot - yes, yes, yes, my oscillating fan & a bin of sock yarn. It wasn't the bin I wanted but it will do nicely. I found all my pillows - now I can have a good sleep with my right knee & left elbow supported. The only problem with the whole thing was the heat in there!!! And the lights - or rather - the lack of lights. No lights in each unit, only motion controlled hall lights if you can believe it. The lights kept going off on me. How do you find anything in the dark???? Grrrr

I was utterly exhausted when I finished in there. Had to park the car in the shade outside the gates, drink the remains of my iced coffee & rest for a good half hour before I could drive home. Then I had a nap.

Today I had my second appointment with my Respiratory Therapist. He saw me two months ago when I was just out of the hospital. He measured my O2 levels at rest, when walking with & without tank oxygen. And adjusted the flow of what I breath. He had ordered the full Respiratory tests I did a couple of weeks later & the overnight monitoring. HE hasn't yet posted the results to my new doctor but says he will now that a second evaluation has been done. He measured my blood oxygen again both on & off the house machine which is constant & had me walk up & down the drive for 6 minutes at a time with the tank oxygen.
I am a lot stronger than I was & am now able to take off the house oxygen when at quiet rest like watching TV or reading. I'm a lot more stable when walking too, my heart stays at a level rate & I can walk faster - well, until my knee complains too much. I knew that because I can do the whole Safeway without HAVING to sit down part way through. I told him I walk at least twice a week through two grocery stores without any major problems & try to go out every day even if it's only for a coffee. So, there is some improvement to be made in spite of what the medical doctor says!! I do feel encouraged.
Found the Chicken Bag

Knitting - there's this cotton summer wrap kit I bought. I've mislaid the damned pattern. No, it's not in Storage, it's in my office/bedroom somewhere. I don't think I can download it. But I like the colors so I may just dig out one the the patterns I have & use the yarn. I don't need it yet but it won't be long until those cool drafts start .  .  .  .  And I did find two of the big bins with sweater amounts of yarn in them while in the locker so I can get started on a simple top-down cardigan. I have grey, hot pink & black leggings for winter so the wild clearance yarn from Knit Picks would work. So would the softer British yarn in muted grey & strawberry. I'll have to try to take a picture. In the dark.

No comments: