Sunday, August 18, 2019

Time is Whizzing By

I can't believe it's almost a week & a half since I last blogged!! Dunno where the time goes. Mind you, this past week was busy, so busy that I irritated my torn meniscus & had to spend 4 days off my feet. Those lovely hard shiny hospital corridors play hell with my bad leg & Monday's appointments really beat me up. I spent a lot of time with my leg up on a stool in front of the tube. And speaking of the tube, I think I accidentally recorded every Dr Pol show that ran in the last month!! I got to watch them all. And I watched the Bondi Vets, the Yukon Vet, The Vet on Wheels, the Prairie Vet & the Zoo with a little Good Bones - a mom & daughter renovation show - thrown in for good measure. I am TV'd to the gills.

I did make it out on Saturday to my favorite Hen Long shop. I found persimmons!! And roast pork. The Roomie loves the Chicken pies. Green grapes, dried mushrooms, romaine, cauliflower, bananas, dried shrimp, red miso & blue berries filled up the other bags. I had cauliflower & hummus for dinner! Yummm

Kroy 4-ply
On the Needles - found the pattern to the cotton wrap I bought. The nice people at Knit Picks emailed a copy to me. And it's already started!!
Another sock is on the go as well - a nice, thick, Kroy 4-ply one in oranges,grey, blue & browns found in deep stash. Also found one of my PINK leftovers bags with a partial sock in it. I take it as a celestial hint that I must knit another pair of odd pink socks.
I suppose I should consider a winter sweater for myself one of these days. I have a box of RED Briggs & Little Heritage somewhere as well as a bag of leftover balls from a weaver & the basket of Blues which I bought on sale EONS ago. I could make a Top-Down patchwork or a Wonderful Wallaby going up. But I guess I'd better do it soon since I'm gonna need it.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

When I was off my feet this past year I was Netflix queen... You name it, I watched it. That yarn looks gorgeous... Have you finished knitting that sock?