Saturday, March 28, 2020

Like a Post Apocalyptic World


Has anyone gone out in the past couple of days??? It's a ghost town mostly although I noticed a lot more traffic yesterday. I had to go to the drug store for puffers - yeah, I renewed everything else last week & forgot the damn puffers!! Yes they could deliver but not for four more days & I'm out NOW! 

There were still a fair number of people wandering around, especially those with coffee cups & brown bags. Monday I was outside & it's a ghost town. I can see the main road & bridge & there's no one out there! The trucks are still going everywhere but residential cars have just about vanished except in the drive thru lines at Starbucks, Mcdonalds, Timmies etc. The mail is still getting through but who knows about the garbage.

I think most people have realized this is serious. I think about the homeless, the folks living in one bare room with no cooking facilities, the people who rely on delivered meals & those with no money - what are they doing????

I'm doing well. For most of the week my favorite cafe - closed on weekends - is doing brown bag meals - phone them in & get your bag at the window .  .  .  .  I had my favorite chicken wrap with Caesar salad & Broccoli soup yesterday. I just had a bag salad for dinner with oranges & a banana. Simple! And I help support my local small business. I did make a trip to Safeway - still no TP or paper towels in the store but I don't care. I found a full package of 12 double rolls three full rolls of towels IN THE BACK OF THE CAR. I buy them but often run out of energy before they get to the house so they stay in the back until I need them. I just haven't needed them yet. 

Knitting - haven't done a lot lately but I opened my box & started winding the skeins into balls for my Red & Dark Grey kimono. I need a wrap or sweater during the days at this house but I need something easy to take off. Going to the bathroom with an air hose & a sweater is treacherous - I try to take them both off before getting out of the chair.  

2 comments:

Sue said...

Good to hear you are coping okay during this scary time Sharon. Take care and keep knitting.

Louisa said...

It’s so weird, isn’t it? I heard sirens yesterday and realized they were the first ones I’ve heard in ages. And an airplane or two. So quiet it’s like Christmas morning. LOL! Glad you’re doing okay.