Wednesday, March 04, 2020

WHOOSSHH


WHOOSSHHHH .  .  .  .  .  & it's March!! I don't know if the days are going faster because I'm getting older or partially brain damaged or the days are just too short. I sure don't remember them going by this quickly when I was working full time at a job I didn't like .   .   .   February was also filled with changes & trying to get everything done alone. I finally made the delayed visit to my lawyer's office where the ever handy Linda took care of all the paperwork a death produces. In the 32 years we were married we never bothered with a Certificate of Marriage but now I need one to prove the other person listed on the property was a husband in order to save thousands of dollars in transfer costs.  I had a birth certificate but I didn't know anything about his father or his mother's maiden name. And lucky for me, he put most of his investments in one bank - no hunting for them!! I had no idea a death could be so stressful . My blood pressure is still in the low 130s!!

One of my old friends has been cleaning out the garage for me. He claims he's just helping out an old friend in need but I think he's hiding out from the latest redhead gone rogue. That's THREE in a row since his divorce!!! I warned him that my Ex was a 'collector' & had almost 50 years worth of stuff crammed in there so tightly they had to carry my freezer all the way around the edge of the yard to get it into the back. And I warned him about the bicycle frames stored in the woodshed on top of two trunks full of clothes by his buddy who never took them away. Mike needed a spot to store his trailer so it's being  used to haul junk. One load to the dump & one to the scrap metal buyer so far & a path was made through the middle of the garage. We're still trying to find the pot of gold.

Meanwhile, back in the home office, my eyesight has gone funny. I needed new reading glasses last year but this year I'm reading with my driving glasses - not good! I have to find someone to test my eyes when I finish up this current work on my desk - headlights & street lights are blobs. with a halo. I think I'll find something really OUT there in frames this time. Blue plaid anyone??


No comments: