Tuesday, October 27, 2020

More Chicken Balls


 Someone asked what Fish & Chicken balls were - oops, I thought I'd mentioned them before - they're dumplings basically. I buy them frozen & drop them into simmering broth with chopped veggies to make soup. One of my oriental friends told me I could fry them - like a perogy - in butter as well. And I love them. I find I don't cook like I should when there's only me & too many things go bad on me. I hate all the prep & doing the dishes afterwards so I tend to buy bagged salads & cooked chicken a lot. Housework is boring enough without running out of oxygen if you leave the air hose off while moving around ties the damn hose in knots if you want to breathe. I need one of those wind-up hose reels on my hip!! I'd like everything chopped, sliced & ready to use in packages or frozen in bags with the recipe on the front. One of my old acquaintances moved to Viet Nam because he could live in a hotel with daily maid service, laundry & three meals for less than he could buy groceries for the month, here. Those Senior homes are looking better all the time .  .  .

Back  at the Shack - we filled one final bin with garbage this past weekend. The closets are empty, the garage is empty & the back room is empty. I have three partial VW bugs to dispose of in the yard. Marlow may come back to haunt me! We even found spare parts to my old AMC that I had hauled away for junk at least 30 years ago. I'm not sure anyone even knew they were still there in the back of the garage on the shelf. But it's all gone. When I sell the place & move, I won't have to worry about clearing it out.

Knitting - I'm down to the tops of the arms on my garter stitch sweater but it looks like I have to stop & wind some skeins into balls. Geeze, where the hell is my ball winder???  I don't know why I even ask .  .  . What a pain to have to wind them by hand!!!

No comments: