Thursday, October 22, 2020

Roast Pork & Chicken Balls


I prefer to shop for my own fresh food - yeah, I know there's people out there who will pick it up & deliver it to me & that's okay for milk, frozen stuff & canned goods but I want to choose the apple or tomato that I'm eating for lunch, thank you. And it forces me to walk a little more but not too much. Anyone can go to the mall & pick up tee shirts & sweat pants but I want some choices in my life. And if you don't use it, you become dependent. So, I've learned that I have to go more often & buy smaller amounts. Two bags. That's it. Good thing my Safeway has a Starbucks & a sitting area with tables & Henlong has underground parking!!

I love Roast Pork & Fish balls. Discovered Chicken balls this last time. I made a special trip to Henlong for them. Good thing the shop also has the freshest fruits & veggies in town too. In the winter, I eat mostly soup, stew & stir fry because they're cheap, easy & fast. It's so nice that Knorr also makes other broths besides Chicken & Beef. I can buy Fish broth for instance, frozen dumplings, shrimp and fresh veggies & make a wonderful soup that's fast & easy. Fish balls are one of my favorite things too .  .  .

This past week I've had a glut of field tomatoes. A buddy brought me three huge, firm, field tomatoes. One slice almost covered a whole slice of bread!!! I ended up with too many tomatoes because I bought some & another buddy dropped off two. Tis the season .  .  .  I ended up eating sliced tomatoes on bread with hummus spread for days. They were too good for cooking or freezing & once cut, have to be eaten quickly - field tomatoes like that are for eating fresh on good bread. Thank goodness I had some very good bread & lots of hummus to hold the tomato on. It's sort of like cherry season, you eat as many as you can because they aren't here for long.  

Knitting - yes by gawd Virginia, there is knitting going on! Started a simple, top down sweater - knit all in one piece in garter with NO SEWING. Raglan sleeve - haven't decided on ribbing or I-cord finishing. That's for then, this is now. Using Briggs & Little Heritage in a marled Blue - light & dark twisted together - because I have a box of the stuff I got on sale somewhere. Then I have another box of B&G in Red & Grey for another top down something or other. I need something soft & warm that's easy with a hose & oxygen tank.

No comments: