Sunday, October 04, 2020

Wheezing, Coughing & Breathing

 Wasn't that a storm out there a couple of weeks ago??? It banged, it blew, it rattled & dropped wave after wave of water everywhere. And it was chilly too but it cleaned most of that toxic smoke out of the air. What a change from the week before that!! I coughed my face off & my eyes wouldn't stop running! I wasn't aware of all the toxic chemicals from the fire just across the river until I heard the news in my car while I was out trying to breath in it .  .  .  .  

I had a phone appointment with my Respirologist two days later & got my meds changed a bit. Two days after that I felt like a million bucks!! So I went grocery shopping. Big improvement. I was able to bring in most of my groceries by myself in two loads as well. I had to go to bed for a nap but I did TWO errands & carried in most of the groceries all in one go. Wow. I took out garbage & brought in the rest of the groceries before bed too. I haven't been able to do that much activity in one day since before the lockdown. I was a little sore the next day but that was it. 

I did have to fight with my Pharmacist when I called for a new puffer - my doctor told me VERBALLY to change my meds but did not put it on paper for the drugstore .  .  .  the Pharmacist was horrified that I was taking twice the maximum dose of steroid every day & of course, the Province wouldn't pay. I felt so good I paid the full price & did it anyway. This past Friday the Respirologist called me to see how I was doing & was very happy that I followed his directions & was feeling so much better despite what the Pharmacist said. He promised to deal with the drugstore for me. 

I feel so much better I've been washing clothes in Marlow's old washer again. I suspect I have to replace it though - when I washed my favorite old quilt - and a pair of pink leggings - the leggings came out covered in stuff that looks like brown goo. I have no idea what it is. There's no pockets in leggings or a quilt to hide things in. It took several washes with vinegar & Borax to clean it the first time when it covered everything in white spots, now this??? Good thing I know a second hand appliance guy.

Now all I have to do is wash all the dishes I have piled up on the counter & in the sink. I did have a chair put next to the sink so I could sit & rest between loads but the fuzzy cat took it over. She sleeps there most of the time & has it covered in hair .  .  .  . Ahhh, a gimp's work is never done .   .   .   .   


No comments: