Saturday, June 26, 2021

Friday in the Heat


 
Yesterday I had my appointment at the Physiotherapist. I had it all planned, timed & worked out. I even built in time to grab an egg mcmuffin & iced coffee on the way .  .  .  got one of my favorited parking spots & even a cement bench outside the walk-in clinic beside the inclined sidewalk I had to use to get there. I was already too hot - my appointment was at 11:20 - but I figured I could make it, after all, it's only around the corner from the clinic, right???

Well, no seats anywhere along the way. No fences, not posts, nothing! I was staggering a little by the time I reached the end of the front of the clinic but I made it out to the roadside & leaned on the telephone pole. Nothing there but the front of another professional building another 20 or 30 feet uphill. Asked passersby if there was a Physio clinic up there as I got my breath back. No one knew anything. I could see a Taco Time so I knew there was something up there. Staggered a little farther. Could SEE cement benches outside the professional building. Dragged myself to them & sat down before my wobbling knees gave out .  .  .  I stayed there in the hot sun until my heart rate & breathing got back to normal & asked a couple more people about the Physio office. No one knew a thing. Funny thing about that, everyone looked like I was bothering them! Did they think I was going to drop dead on the sidewalk & cause trouble?? Or was I begging?? I was too hot & short of breath to care about what anyone thought right about then & finally got myself inside the building. No seats inside but a long line-up instead. I'm at the LAB! inside the building where I'm parked! Holy crap, I don't have to walk all the way around to get back to my car!

Spoke to a couple of people in the line but no one knew of a Physio in the neighborhood. Decided it was too damned hot to go outside again, packed up & headed for the elevator. Got back to my car & turned on the air conditioning. Rested for a while & headed home. Got up that damn ramp at home, took off my clothes, fed the cat, got an ice water & sat at my desk under the fan turned up high. I've had my exercise for the day!

Then I called the Physiotherapist. Told them my story only to find out there's now TWO Urgent Care clinics in Surrey & they're next to the other one about 6 miles away. When did that happen??? So, I have a new appointment on Monday. Free parking in front of the clinic, no stairs, no walking, easy peasy. Shit.

No comments: