Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Heat Wave Report


Well, wasn't that a weekend??
Actually it was 4 days of the worst heat I've ever experienced in my life. I don't have air conditioning but lucky for me, I have one ceiling fan over my bed & computer area & one tall, skinny, oscillating fan in front of my big leather chair. The oscillating fan is the one thing that kept me sane in my old basement apartment in August when we got our usual Vancouver heat every year!! It has a 'Hurricane' setting on it, hahaha

I don't recommend a leather recliner in the heat. Even with the fan busting it's chops to oscillate me into comfort, every part that touched the leather was soaking wet. I drank cold water for four days & munched on cold cherries, raspberries, blueberries & romaine lettuce leaves - it was too hot to do anything else! I did wipe myself down with cold water every time I went near the bathroom but was dry by the time I made it back to the chair. Sleeping naked under the ceiling fan was the only way to go!. A friend brought me Dilly bars from Dairy Queen but it was too hot for chocolate  .  .  .

But I survived. I think being fat & well hydrated is what saved me from the heat. I can go a very long time without food if I have to & I made sure I drank constantly. Kept two big jugs of water in the fridge to make sure, too. I hope this is NOT a hint of the days to come.

Tomorrow I go for my second Covid shot & I understand it will be substantially cooler in the morning. I'm ready. I never did make it to my Physio appointment but will do so next week since I really must work on my endurance so I can start shopping for myself again. Even to be able to go to my favorite Chinese market once again would be wonderful. BBQ pork, fish balls, baby bok choy, rice noodles & red bean moon cakes, yummmmm

Today I wanted meat! So off to my favorite cafe for a Beef dip to go. I told them I'd been living on fruit & romaine for the last 5 days & wanted some carbs & meat. That sandwich must've been 5 inches thick!!!! I was impressed. I parked under the trees, read my book for a bit & ate the whole thing - well, I did have a little help from the local crow who knows my car by now. 


No comments: