Thursday, June 24, 2021

Sizzling Thursday


 It's a beautiful day outside but it's too damned HOT to go anywhere!! Today I had an appointment with my eye Surgeon to get the pressure tested in my eyes post surgery. My Optometrist was supposed to do it but I still can't get up that huge ramp to his office to see him. Someone told me there's a door - now unlocked - in the far corner of the mezzanine where he & the druggist are located but it's such a long way around outside from the parking underground that I still can't get there. Maybe if someone installed a couple of benches at the top & bottom of the ramp, I could pull myself up with a rest  .  .  .  .  but no one is willing so far.  But - good news today - my surgeon says I have 20/20 vision in both eyes for the first time in my life without glasses!!! My pressure is good & he says cheaters should solve my fine print reading. I've done so well that I don't even have to see him for the 6 week evaluation. Whoopie.

Tomorrow I'm off to see a physio to be evaluated for walking & climbing stairs to see if I can improve with exercise. I've lost my endurance & ability to walk very far without running out of steam & breath. I am hoping it's just lost muscle tone from being at home on my ass for most of the pandemic & not decreased Oxygen  uptake. Although some of my friends have been pushing me to get a scooter to solve my mobility problems, I'm scratching & screaming every inch of the way. I want to retain some mobility on my own two feet if I can. We'll see what happens in the eval tomorrow morning.

Since we're having a heat wave, I think I'll stay home & wash all the bedding this weekend. I only use a fitted sheet & fluffy throw most of the year anyway but they smell so much better when dried outside in the wind & the sun. This past week I've been picking at my wardrobe & airing my favorite things outside too. All the household towels have been washed & dried in the sun. They smell soooo good. My lungs like this hot, dry weather - I should be living in the desert with a pond full of painted turtles!! I've always wanted to live in a Balinesian - where's spellchek when you need it?? eh? - style house full of ferns, surrounded by palms full of wildlife. Sigh. I do have a small porch  .   .   .   I guess I'll just spin next to  the clothes rack full of laundry on the porch.

3 comments:

Barb G. said...

Glad your are doing well Love your Blog. You say you like Patterson books. Have you tried John Sanford?

Sue said...

A Balinese house surrounded by ferns and wildlife would be right up my street too.

Sharon in Surrey said...

I have read some of Sanford, Barb - I never could get into his 'Prey' series. I do tend to prefer the British police procedurals simply because there's less 'Shoot 'em up' & more 'Outthink them' but I'll read anything I find interesting. I'm working my way thru the Maisie Dobbs series in audio right now!!