Wednesday, March 16, 2022

On My Knees Once More

Yesterday I got up early to go out for breakfast & did a nose plant on the carpet on the way to the bathroom. I didn't trip over anything but my own big feet - my right foot doesn't lift as high since I tore the meniscus in my knee - but I ruined the whole day. Had to crawl for my phone & call for help since I can't get up on my own with that bum knee .  .  .  Got to greet the Fire Department braless with my arse pointed into the air since I crawled into a space that I couldn't get out of. What a morning. Amazing how fast they got me back on my feet! My knees were so painful but I could stand & walk without help so I thanked them & sent them away. Only later did I realize I whacked my forehead & shoulder as well .  .  .  .  Spent the rest of the day getting up & down & walking as much as I could to keep my knees from seizing up & took Tylenol Arthritis every 6 hours. Said, 'What the Hell' & let DoorDash bring my supper. I figured today would be the horrible, painful day when I couldn't move.

Well, got up this morning & found I could walk better than late yesterday! Last time I fell I couldn't move the next day!! But, this time I guess I changed that by moving as much as I could yesterday. Surprise, surprise. I'm turning black & blue though. No black eye but my forehead is coloring up nicely & so are my knees even with all the swelling. You just can't win. Sigh.

My cleaning Lady came again on Monday & I introduced her to my Steam Mop. I loved that thing when I got it for Christmas from friends. I thought it was lost but Mike found it in the garage last week. We had to play with it a bit but I got it going & she was thrilled. She'd never seen anything like it - mine has that triangle head so it can really get into corners & around the toilet. I like it because you don't use anything but plain water to clean - no fumes. She steam cleaned my bathroom to death!!

The poor cat has gone feral again even though she comes to rattle the door chain to be fed. So many strangers have come & gone in the past two days that she won't come into the house if I close the door. Good thing summer's on the way & I can leave it open all day. I wonder if the skunk will come visiting again?

Knitting - not much knitting done this past week. I am trying to do some data entry for a friend & it's Tax Season once more .  .  .  . 




No comments: