Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Getting Over It


I'm doing quite well
- even if I do say so myself - I'm upright & moving, albeit, slowly. I have no black eye
 from the whack on my forehead but a third eyebrow instead. I can deal with the eyebrow! I also turned black & blue from my right shoulder down to the elbow with the occasional bruise here & there elsewhere. Both knees are very swollen but the right one is doing better  - guess which one I actually fell on?? All in all it could've been much worse .  .  .  .  Mike brought me a ton of good bread & good fillings for easy meals & checked in every day while two other pals brought hot coffee & food donations since I couldn't carry things easily. Hint, hint - they all want their tax returns done hahahaha. I'm on the mend.

I discovered that the secret to recovering from a fall is to keep moving as much as you can & take anti-inflammatories. If you sit still or stay in bed, whammo, you freeze in place. I think the movement helps carry the internal bleeding/swelling  away from the injury too. I just can't do too much, stand up for too long or get down my ramp just yet. 

While I have been sitting, I've been staring at that big, sheer bin of yarn on the shelf across from me. I see balls & balls of purple Marble yarn. I bought it years ago because I loved the color & wanted a sweater. It turned out not to be a good candidate for an Ample sized garment - too soft & stretchy - but I wonder what kind of blanket it would make??? I always need one over my knees when I sit to watch tv. Or maybe a big shawl which could keep me warm when I sit on the porch. I was thinking sweater when I bought it but maybe it would be so much nicer as a plain Shetland type shawl?

No comments: