Tuesday, April 12, 2022

April Snow Showers

 Another month & still I'm limping along. My bruises are now blue & green instead of black & purple while my right knee is doing very well. The left one is still very swollen - probably bursitis - but isn't nearly as painful as it was. Very strange to see all the bruising at the back of it too. But, while I can walk with almost no pain, I can't walk very far at all. I haven't been out since before I fell. Doordash already  knows the way to my door though, I had a gloriously decadent bowl of WorWonton soup the other day for late lunch. It was so big I didn't even have to find dinner!! And my cleaning lady brings me Philippine food on Mondays. Mike - bless his heart - keeps me loaded up with good bread, sliced meat, salad & easy food. 

This week my cleaner & I went through another three boxes. These ones held kitchen stuff. We found 6 cans of coconut milk!! And I wanted to make curry & thought I had none  .  .  .  it's nice to find some of the kitchen supplies I had even though some of them had to be tossed. We found all my soap molds so I can make soap once more - I have several 'kits' with oil combinations ready to make up. And I love my Hive & Ladybug molds, they make a rounded soap with a flat back that fits in the hand nicely & lasts a long time. 

Update: Yesterday I went to the local drive-thru for a coffee. First time I've been driving since I fell on my face. It almost did me in. Had trouble holding the brake while waiting for the Flag-person. Sore knee pressed against the door as I drove. And all the dust from the bridge repairs made me wheeze. Mike had to help me up the ramp when I got back. Guess I'll be home for a while yet .  .  .  .  sigh

But - I took on a small data entry job to keep me busy. What a glutton for punishment .  .  .  And I have a couple of pension applications to do. Keeps the old brain functioning, I guess.

Knitting - no knitting again. I've been sorting thru boxes of yarn & spinning braids instead. OMG - I think the Stash has outgrown my projected age limit. But I found my copy of 'Salt Water Classics'!! I bought it & a bunch of Briggs & Little 'Sport' yarn to make some winter socks w-a-a-a-a-y back. I love the Moose touque but it's the Vamps that really speak to me.


No comments: