Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Biting off More than I can Chew

 


Boy, did I give myself a headache. No, I didn't take another nose dive. I took on a small job that has become a job too far. I get up, take my meds & start data entry. I work till lunch - more or less - eat, rest my eyes for an hour & head back to the keyboard until my eyes film over. I take a nap, eat something & come back for another couple of hours. I've been doing this every day for the last 9 days & I'm bushed. It didn't used to be this tough to do simple data entry. Asthma & COPD has taken my stamina away, big time. 

My COPD has swallowed a lot of my life. I don't cook like I used to because I can't stand at the stove for very long. Dishes are almost impossible to wash for the same reason. Bending over to take the laundry out of the dryer is very strenuous & folding it can take a couple of days. When you can't breathe normally, your body doesn't work like it used to. 

There are days when I can plot every move to do a project & end up sitting in the chair because nothing works & I'm short of breath. I can remember how I used to do things but lack the resources to get up & do it. Some days I wonder why I bother to get up at all - other than a bathroom run - & others, when the cat wanders in to purr & rub, why I don't have the Indian spinner outside on the porch.

Time to get back to data entry. This is the very last time .  .  . THIS summer I am going to be spinning & knitting.

No comments: