Thursday, April 21, 2022

Same Song, Different Verse

 


Another year, another birthday. A couple of people noticed this year. As usual, I missed my Starbucks freebie - I can plan for a year & I still manage to miss it. This year, I struggled to get to my car because I was determined to get there for a change, & found a dead battery. Mike kept moving it in & out of the drive when he came over to haul stuff in & out of the garage but I haven't been able to drive. Battery got low & then we got hit with snow & several cold days. Whammo. Dead. Dead. Dead. Missed another year. Mike showed up with my favorite Flat White & a box of Huge Strawberries on Monday. I laughed & enjoyed every mouthful. I'd marry him if he was old enough!!

And speaking of my birthday, I bought myself a gift. I'm very fond of amber & have a couple of pieces of GREEN amber. One is my favorite silver freeform ring with a spoonback. Since it doesn't close all the way, it's a great piece for sore fingers that swell. I ordered a pair of earrings & a pin to go with it. Photos - I hope - when I get them! I have a camera but misplaced it eons ago.

My fluffy cat has decided to come back again. She's been mostly wild all winter but has taken to flipping the chain on the door once more when she wants to come in. She is looking a bit ratty & unkempt but not too skinny so I guess the food wasn't too bad wherever she ended up. She must've been in & out several times a day lately & I don't know if I'm annoyed or amazed. The big black wild cat even managed a free meal yesterday too. I don't mind when he cleans up her leavings but do put my cane down when he's there first!

Knitting - winding Briggs & Little sport into centre pull balls. I hate making balls out of old B&G! especially the singles. What a chore! For some reason I bought two boxes of the stuff on sale forgetting how well it clings to itself .  .  .  .  but nothing wears as well, sigh. I must've been mad.

No comments: