Tuesday, March 01, 2022

In Like a Wet Lamb

 No cleaning lady this week. I decided to be sick instead. Funny thing about that, I realized I'm not looking forward to the cleaning but rather dreading it. She really does a good job but I'm exhausted when she leaves! Since I sit in my chair & watch her do all the work, it's me that's got old & cranky. It's the noise, the fussing & the change that gets me I guess. Mike laughed at me & then said he has the same problem with people in his life. We spend most of our time alone & can only handle people that don't stay too long at a time. Yeah, come & visit but skedadle when you've finished your coffee .  .  .  

I can't wait until the weather gets warm & sunny!! It's finally March & I have hopes for sunshine. Mike built me a new planter box on the porch rail - almost 6 feet long! I intend to fill it with interesting stuff as well as the butt ends of my Romaine lettuces. Sweet potatoes make neat vines & I love Ginger - looks a little like bamboo. And I have some Shallots that sprouted in the fridge. They should look great with a Spider plant, Coleus & ferns .  .  .  .  I want to fill my little porch with color & foliage. I like to sit out there & spin when it's nice.

Speaking of spinning - found a bag of dark alpaca & I'm thinking of combining it with wool. Not sure if I want to blend them or spin them from a big, teased cloud. Alpaca is just too warm on it's own, even for old, cold broads who sit most of the time. If I knit a shawl, memory isn't a problem but anything else needs some. I don't remember if alpaca sheds but a big swatch will help. I hope. 

I remember spinning blended dog hair/wool & I think we used too much pooch because that shawl shed like a mountain dog in Spring! Silk does that too - if you forget to set the twist before crocheting the shawl .  .  .  Oh, the tales I could tell about mistakes!

Still cranking out washcloths - those cones just never end!! But, there's a new sock on the go for a friend & I have to wind "Frog Fight" for my gloves!


No comments: