Thursday, February 24, 2022

More Trash

 

Tuesday's cleaning adventures located not one, not two but the remains of three different sets of dishes in the back of the old cupboards! And there was a jumble of cutlery that went with all three in the old drawer behind my Ikea island. My cleaner & I had a great time tossing most of it out. I saved two Corning Ware dinner plates & two bread plates that I owned 35 years ago when I first moved in. I loved that set. It was translucent white with delicate tiger lilies painted in the middle. I have no idea where the rest went but I don't need them now anyway. I now have three shelves that I can reach easily & more paring knives than I need. Funny how it goes with paring knives .  .  .  .  you either have too many or can never find one. I love them. I also love my veggie cleaver which, don't tell anyone, I usually use for meat as well. It's not the big, heavy one the Chinese meat man uses but that stainless sharpens up nicely & does whatever I need!! I once butchered up an entire quarter of venison with it!

While snuggled in my recliner I watched snow falling yesterday. Just what we need at the end of February when the buds are starting to swell. I have a pot of bulbs on the porch with 3" of green poking out of the earth. And snow on the ground is not good for gimps who need to walk .  .  .  .  

A blast from the past - the photo is my favorite Crab Cactus in it's blazing glory. It used to spend late spring to late fall outside, on the patio, under the table with my Jade plant in the semi-shade. It bloomed all winter when it came inside & often  kept on blooming when it went back outside as well.

No comments: